CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Part 2: Air Conditioning, the silent killer.

In the last installment of The Middlelife, I found out something so horrific and disturbing, that after I woke up from passing out, I was hardly able to breathe.


Wally and Bubba finally stood over me long enough that the BO finally brought me back. I came too wondering if I had a dream, or did I hear them correctly. The news was staggering. I had mold in my air handler. MOLD, the green fungi that makes mothers with a newborn coming go absolutely apeshit with fear.

But that was not the news that made me passout. It was the price tag that they wanted to smack me with that caused the light headedness and eventual pass out on the asphalt driveway. Bubba stood there and without a wince or delay, told me that if I wanted it repaired, that I would have to fork over $2,200.00 right then and there.

$2,200.00 in one fell swoop, the pain of having too much hot air, is an expensive proposition to repair. But, as it is, I had no choice. It had to be done and it had to be done now.

That's when Bubba and Wally let me have the "real" news that was even more shocking and worthy of another pass out attack. Other than the BO which kept me somewhat awake, the news sent me into another tailspin. This time, it would require and armpit on the nose to wake me up.

The news was so shocking and awful, that it can hardly be put into words. I will reveal all in the next installment, Part 3: The pain of a 95 degree day.

1 The morally insane respond:

Anonymous said...

That armpit news should keep me awake for part three!